1. What is a data type? Define the following data types and give one example per type.
integer real character Boolean
2. Given Boolean variables one, two, and three, write an equation for each of the following questions.
Is one greater than both two and three? Is one greater than two, but less than three? Are all three variables greater than zero? Is one less than two or one less than three? Is two greater than one and three less than two?
Example: (5 > 3) & (5 < 9)
3. Describe the process of compiling and running a C++ and Java programs.
4. How do the .WORD and .BLOCK assembler directives in the Pep/8 assembly language differ from the declarations in high-level languages?
5. age, weight, and height are three integer variables and a read statement says to input them in that order. Given the following input stream (commas are separators) 03, 118, 80 what is stored in?
Do the values stored in the variables seem reasonable? If not, how would you correct the problem?
6. Object-oriented strategy:
List the four stage strategy for developing an object-oriented decomposition Outline the characteristics of each stage Are the stages independent? Explain!
7. Compare and contrast an assembler, a compiler, and an interpreter.
8. Match the question with the appropriate translation or execution system
A. Interpreter B. Assembler C. Compiler D. Machine code What translates a high-level language into machine code? What translates a Java program into Bytecode? What executes Bytecode? What executes the Java Virtual Machine? What translates an assembly language program? What is the output of an assembler?
9.The obvious way to place an item into unsorted list is different in an array-based and a linked implementation. Explain!
10. Which of the following languages is more suitable for solving what kind of specific problems?
C BASIC FORTRAN COBOL C++ Ruby Python PHP
It is not our intention to break the school's academic policy. Projects posted are only used as a reference
and should not be submitted as is. We are not held liable for any misuse of the solutions.
Please see the
frequently asked questions
for further questions and inquiries.
Kindly fill out the form.
Please provide a valid email address and we'll get back to you in less than 24 hours.
We will be sending an invoice through PayPal upon confirmation.
We are a non profit organization however we need an amount to keep this organization running,
and to be able to complete our research and development.